Marathon Pre-Race Information
- Monday, November 29th, 4:30pm – 6pm, TBD
- Wednesday, December 1st, 4:30pm – 7pm, TBD
- Saturday, December 4th, 11am – 1pm, TBD
- Thursday, December 9th, 4pm –7pm, West Beach Conference Center, Kiawah Island
- Friday, December 10th, 10am – 8:30pm, West Beach Conference Center, Kiawah Island
- Race Day, 6:15am – 7:45am, West Beach Conference Center, Kiawah Island
What to Bring to Packet Pick up
- Identification: Valid photo id is needed to pick up your bib (B-tag). All runners must pick up their own race bib and B-tag. Runners are not permitted to pick up anyone’s bib but their own.
- Canned goods: To our On Island Packet Pick-up, we are asking every runner to bring at least two non-perishable canned items for donation for donation to One80 Place and Charleston Area Senior Center.
- Reusable Bag: As we strive to be an environmentally responsible race, we will not be supplying bags. Please bring your own tote bag, book bag or messenger bag for your bib, shirt and any marathon apparel you might purchase.
Official Race Shirt
The Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon is proud to work with Alanic to provide the official race shirts. Need to adjust your shirt size? Log into your RunSignup profile and select “manage registration” under our event. Under “my registration” at the top of the page, select “GIVEAWAY.’ Once your size has been adjusted, make sure to click “confirm changes.”
Bibs and B-tag
We are using the B-tag timing device, the “chip” is attached to your bib. The B-tag requires no additional application, you simply use the supplied safety pins to attached the bib to the clothing. When crossing the mats at the start line, finish line and throughout the course, it is important to have the bib on the outside of your clothing, on your chest. In addition, we ask that you refrain from folding or wrinkling your bibs before the race.
- Thursday, 4pm – 7pm (mini expo)
- Friday, 10am – 8:30pm
- Race Day, Saturday, 9:30am – 2pm
Vendors with sports apparel, health and wellness products, and services will be stationed inside Kiawah’s West Beach Conference Center on Thursday and Friday, and outside at the Finish Line on Saturday. Pick up some last-minute race necessities and be sure to visit the Kiawah Island Golf Resort Official Merchandise Store. The Expo is FREE and open to the Public. If you are interested in becoming a race sponsor or vendor, please email us at RaceSponsor@KiawahResort.com.
Pre-race Bike Tour
More information to come!
1-Mile and 5K Beach Glow Run
Friday ~ Race Weekend, 5:30pm | Sanctuary Beach Access
Stretching and Fitness Classes
More information to come! Have a class you would like to see at the 2021 Marathon, send us your recommendation to email@example.com.
Race Day Parking/Shuttle Service
Off Island Runners: Runners and spectators staying off-island will park in the fields adjacent to Freshfields Village. Runners are urged to arrive at parking fields NO LATER THAN 6am TO AVOID MISSING THE 8am RACE START.
- Arriving to Off-Island Parking: When approaching Freshfields Village, at the round-a- about follow the signs to Kiawah Island. Travel 0.4 miles, marathon parking will be on your right.
- Shuttle to Race Start: Shuttle buses begin at 5:00am and will run continuously throughout the day.
- Return Shuttle: (8:45am – 4pm) For the shuttle back to the parking fields, follow red ‘Shuttle’ arrows within the race venue.
On Island Runners
West Beach & Inlet Cove Villas: Guests are advised to walk to the race start or use the provided shuttle service.
Night Heron Park Villas: Night Heron Cottages, Mariners Watch and Windswept guests are advised to use the provided shuttle service. Beginning at 5:45am until race start, shuttles will depart every 15 minutes from the 3-way stop on Sea Forest Drive at the entrance to Mariners Watch Villas.
East Beach Villas: Tennis Club, Turtle Point, Turtle Cove, Turtle Beach, Maritime guests are advised use the provided shuttle service.
Vanderhorst gate and beyond: Guests staying past the Vanderhorst Gate may park in the designated parking location. Check back for more information regarding the parking location.
Staffed Gear Check
New for 2021, Article Storage is now a Staffed Gear Check
• All gear check items must be placed in a durable, clear plastic bag.
• Clear bags will be provided at on-island packet pick-up at no charge.
• Runners are welcome to bring their own clear plastic bag as long as it complies with the size requirement, no larger than 20” x 20”.
• The drawstrings on the bag should be cinched and tied to ensure that your belongings do not fall out.
• Do Not leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag.
• We are not responsible for lost items and/or gear check bags
• Race bibs are required for bag pick up.
• Any unclaimed bags will be donated to our local charity.
Until you deposit your items in gear check, do not leave bags unattended. Unattended bags will be removed by Charleston County Sheriff’s Office, Kiawah Island Security or race personnel.