Marathon Pre-Race Information
Confirm your Race Registration
Click here to confirm your Half Marathon or Full marathon registration.
Changing races: Once registered, based on availability, you have the option to change from one race to another. Changes can be made until 6am race morning. Once your bib is picked-up, changes cannot be made.
Race changes can be done directly through your Runsignup account, click “Profile”, then “Manage Registration” located under “Upcoming Events” under our “Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon” event name. At the very top of the next page, select “Transfer Event,” then select “start transfer” to complete the race distance change.
Our race staff understands that injuries, family emergencies, last-minute business plans, and life, in general, can keep you from participating in our event after you’ve registered. Though we do not offer refunds, we do offer the option of “deferment” (running the following year’s race instead.). Please see below for the simple steps on how to complete this process.
Deferring 2020 to 2021
- Deferrals are accepted until midnight on Monday, November 30, 2020.
- To defer sign into your personal account on www.RunSignUp.com. Navigate to your profile page and select “Manage Registration” under your Kiawah Island Marathon upcoming event. At the top of the next page, select Defer Registration. Click “Confirm Deferral”.
- There is no fee at the time of changing your status. There is a $45 administrative fee (+ processing fee) charged when using your reserved entry in the following calendar year.
- Reserved entry links are emailed to eligible recipients after January 15, 2021 to complete 2021 Race Registration (Entry is not automatic).
- All runners who are eligible to defer are guaranteed a reserved entry into the succeeding race, as long as they have completed the directions sent in the reserved entry email and paid the $45 administrative fee by October 31, 2021.
- The deferments are only valid for 1 calendar year- the year following the date of original race registration
- All complimentary entries and discounted race entry fees are not eligible for deferral.
- The 2021 Kiawah Marathon will be held on Saturday, December 11th, 2021.
2019 Deferred Runners Registering for 2020
- Entry into 2020 is not automatic.
- Reserved entry codes will be emailed from RunSignUp to all eligible recipients by January 15, 2020.
- Do not register for 2020 without your reserved entry link. We are not able to offer refunds when a runner is eligible for a reserved entry, but registers on their own.
- Every runner must use their reserved entry by October 31, 2020. After that date, entry is not guaranteed and entry cost is at the current registration rate on that date.
- A $45 administrative fee (+ processing fee) will be charged when registering for the 2020 race.
- If you believe you were eligible for a reserved entry for 2020, and did not receive an email from RunSignUp, please contact the race office at Kiawah_Marathon@kiawahresort.com.
- Monday, November 30th, 4:30pm – 6pm, TBD
- Wednesday, December 2nd, 4:30pm – 7pm, TBD
- Saturday, December 5th, 11am – 1pm, TBD
- Thursday, December 10th, 4pm –7pm, West Beach Conference Center, Kiawah Island
- Friday, December 11th, 10am – 8:30pm, West Beach Conference Center, Kiawah Island
- Race Day, 6:15am – 7:45am, West Beach Conference Center, Kiawah Island
What to Bring to Packet Pick up
- Identification: Valid photo id is needed to pick up your bib (B-tag). All runners must pick up their own race bib and B-tag. Runners are not permitted to pick up anyone’s bib but their own.
- Canned goods: To our On Island Packet Pick-up, we are asking every runner to bring at least two non-perishable canned items for donation for donation to One80 Place and Charleston Area Senior Center.
- Reusable Bag: As we strive to be an environmentally responsible race, we will not be supplying bags. Please bring your own tote bag, book bag or messenger bag for your bib, shirt and any marathon apparel you might purchase.
Official Race Shirt
The Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon is proud to work with GreenLayer to provide the official race shirts.
Please use the sizing chart to select your shirt size. Need to adjust your shirt size? Log into your RunSignup profile and select “manage registration” under our event. Under “my registration” at the top of the page, select “GIVEAWAY.’ Once your size has been adjusted, make sure to click “confirm changes.”
Bibs and B-tag
We are using the B-tag timing device, the “chip” is attached to your bib. The B-tag requires no additional application, you simply use the supplied safety pins to attached the bib to the clothing. When crossing the mats at the start line, finish line and throughout the course, it is important to have the bib on the outside of your clothing, on your chest. In addition, we ask that you refrain from folding or wrinkling your bibs before the race.
- Thursday, 4pm – 7pm (mini expo)
- Friday, 10am – 8:30pm
- Race Day, Saturday, 9:30am – 2pm
Vendors with sports apparel, health and wellness products, and services will be stationed inside Kiawah’s West Beach Conference Center on Thursday and Friday, and outside at the Finish Line on Saturday. Pick up some last-minute race necessities and be sure to visit the Kiawah Island Golf Resort Official Merchandise Store. The Expo is FREE and open to the Public. If you are interested in becoming a race sponsor or vendor, please email us at RaceSponsor@KiawahResort.com.
Pre-race Bike Tour
Friday ~ Race Weekend, 2:30pm – 4:30pm
Get a leg up on the competition by previewing the Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon race course! Join our Lead Cyclists before the race and ride the half marathon (11 miles of the full). Don’t miss this exclusive chance to see the new course layout and starting line or enjoy yourself before the big day! Familiarize yourself with the water station layouts and select beautiful landmarks to help you keep pace on race day. The Pre-Race Bike Ride isn’t just for race participants; family and friends shouldn’t miss this opportunity to stake out cheering spots before the race begins. Additionally, most of our race course is located within a private community and is only accessible to previewing by foot or bike. The tour costs $20 per person. Complimentary bicycle included; however, participants are welcome to bring their own. Bikes will be available to participants beginning at 2:15pm adjacent to the Finish Line at the West Beach Conference Center race venue. For more information call (843) 768-6001. Make My Reservation Online.
Pre-race Celebration Buffet
Friday ~ Race Weekend | Seatings between 6pm – 7pm | West Beach Conference Center
1-Mile and 5K Beach Glow Run
Friday ~ Race Weekend, 5:30pm | Sanctuary Beach Access
Friday, Race Weekend, 7:30pm
Join us the evening before your run to celebrate with some yoga! This upbeat class will release your muscles to get you ready for the race. Previous yoga experience is not required, everyone is welcome. Yoga mats are provided. Register through your Runsignup account, $20. Meet at the Grand Oaks Ballroom inside the Sanctuary Hotel. Recovery Yoga is also available on Sunday at 10am.
Runner’s Pre-Marathon Warm Up
Race Day, 6:45am and 7 am
Join a fitness instructor from Stretch Science before the race begins to help warm up and stretch your entire body. With an emphasis on the ankles, calves, quads, hamstrings and hips, we will clear your mind and connect your breath-flow in this complimentary 15-minute warm up. Session will meet inside the West Beach Conference Center. No reservations required. For more information visit the Information Table inside the West Beach Conference Center. Complimentary.
Race Day Parking/Shuttle Service
Off Island Runners: Runners and spectators staying off-island will park in the fields adjacent to Freshfields Village. Runners are urged to arrive at parking fields NO LATER THAN 6am TO AVOID MISSING THE 8am RACE START. Off-Island Parking info sheet.
- Arriving to Off-Island Parking: When approaching Freshfields Village, at the round-a- about follow the signs to Kiawah Island. Travel 0.4 miles, marathon parking will be on your right.
- Shuttle to Race Start: Shuttle buses begin at 5:00am and will run continuously throughout the day.
- Return Shuttle: (8:45am – 4pm) For the shuttle back to the parking fields, follow red ‘Shuttle’ arrows within the race venue.
On Island Runners
West Beach & Inlet Cove Villas: Runners are advised to use the provided shuttle service. Beginning at 5:30am until race start, shuttles will depart every 15 minutes from the Cougar Point Golf Course Parking Lot.
Night Heron Park Villas: Night Heron Cottages, Mariners Watch and Windswept guests are advised to walk to the race start or use the provided shuttle service. Beginning at 5:45am until race start, shuttles will depart every 15 minutes from the 3-way stop on Sea Forest Drive at the entrance to Mariners Watch Villas.
East Beach Villas: Tennis Club, Turtle Point, Turtle Cove, Turtle Beach, Maritime guests are advised to walk to the race start. If you wish to drive your car to the race venue, parking is available at the soccer fields at Night Heron Park, from which it is a .4 mile walk to the race start via the bike path.
Vanderhorst gate and beyond: Guests staying past the Vanderhorst Gate may park in the soccer field at Night Heron Park. Access the soccer field via the Night Heron Park parking lot (adjacent to the basketball court). From here, it is a .4 mile walk to the race start via the bike path.
Staffed Gear Check
New for 2020, Article Storage is now a Staffed Gear Check
• All gear check items must be placed in a durable, clear plastic bag.
• Clear bags will be provided at on-island packet pick-up at no charge.
• Runners are welcome to bring their own clear plastic bag as long as it complies with the size requirement, no larger than 20” x 20”.
• The drawstrings on the bag should be cinched and tied to ensure that your belongings do not fall out.
• Do Not leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag.
• We are not responsible for lost items and/or gear check bags
• Race bibs are required for bag pick up.
• Any unclaimed bags will be donated to our local charity.
Until you deposit your items in gear check, do not leave bags unattended. Unattended bags will be removed by Charleston County Sheriff’s Office, Kiawah Island Security or race personnel.