Marathon Pre-Race Information
Athletes must pick up their own bib. Athletes are not permitted to pick up anyone’s bib but their own.
November 28 | 5:30pm – 7:30pm | West Ashley Location
November 29 | 4pm – 6pm | Mt. Pleasant Location
December 2 | 11am – 1pm | Summerville Location
December 7 | 4pm – 7pm | West Beach Conference Center, Kiawah Island
December 8 | 10am – 8:30pm | West Beach Conference Center, Kiawah Island
December 9 | 6:15am – 7:45am | West Beach Conference Center, Kiawah Island
What to Bring to Packet Pick up
- Identification: Valid photo ID is needed to pick up your bib (B-tag). All runners must pick up their own race bib and B-tag. Runners are not permitted to pick up anyone’s bib but their own. Runners who are unable to attend an earlier pick-up for any reason will be required to pick up their bib on race morning. No exceptions will be made.
- Canned goods: To our On Island Packet Pick-up, we are asking every runner to bring at least two non-perishable canned items for donation for donation to One80 Place and Charleston Area Senior Center.
- Reusable Bag: As we strive to be an environmentally responsible race, we will not be supplying bags. Please bring your own tote bag, book bag or messenger bag for your bib, shirt and any marathon apparel you might purchase.
Official Race Shirt
The Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon is proud to work with Alanic to provide the official race shirts. Need to adjust your shirt size?
- Log into your RunSignup profile
- Select Manage Registration under our event
- Under My Registration at the top of the page, select Giveaway
- Once your size has been adjusted, make sure to click Confirm Changes
Bibs and B-tag
We are using the B-tag timing device, the “chip” is attached to your bib. The B-tag requires no additional application, you simply use the supplied safety pins to attached the bib to the clothing. When crossing the mats at the start line, finish line and throughout the course, it is important to have the bib on the outside of your clothing, on your chest. In addition, we ask that you refrain from folding or wrinkling your bibs before the race.
Check out our complete list of Race Weekend Events, including our Beach Glow Run, Fitness Classes and Nutrition Workshops.
Race Day Parking/Shuttle Service
Off Island Runners and Spectators: Runners and spectators staying off-island will park in the fields adjacent to Freshfields Village. Runners are urged to arrive at parking fields NO LATER THAN 6AM TO AVOID MISSING THE 8AM RACE START. SPECTATORS: To ensure you arrive at the start line in a timely manner, we suggest arriving at your shuttle stop no later than 7am.
- Arriving to Off-Island Parking: When approaching Freshfields Village, at the round-a- about follow the signs to Kiawah Island. Travel 0.4 miles, marathon parking will be on your right.
- Shuttle to Race Start: Shuttle buses begin at 5:30am and will run throughout the day.
- Return Shuttle: (8:45am – 4pm) For the shuttle back to the parking fields, follow red ‘Shuttle’ arrows within the race venue.
On-island shuttles will stop running at 7:45am to allow for our runners to begin the race on The Kiawah Parkway. Shuttle service will resume at 9:15 am.
On Island Runners: View shuttle map. The shuttle runs Friday and Saturday and is complimentary to all runners and spectators. Shuttles run approximately every 15 minutes. Please arrive at your shuttle stop no later than 7am.
- West Beach Guests: Guests are advised to walk to the race start.
- East Beach Guests: Complimentary shuttles will round throughout the day.
- Vanderhorst Gate and beyond: Guests staying past the Vanderhorst Gate may park at Night Heron Park and pick up the shuttle from this location.
Article Storage is now Gear Check located just steps away from the start line.
• All gear check items must be placed in a durable, clear plastic bag.
• Clear bags will be provided at on-island packet pick-up at no charge.
• Runners are welcome to bring their own clear plastic bag as long as it complies with the size requirement, no larger than 20” x 20”.
• The drawstrings on the bag should be cinched and tied to ensure that your belongings do not fall out.
• Do not leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag.
• We are not responsible for lost items and/or gear check bags
• After 2:30pm on race day, all remaining bags can be picked up at the information desk inside the West Beach Conference Center
• Any unclaimed bags will be donated to our local charity.
Do not leave bags unattended. Unattended bags will be removed by Charleston County Sheriff’s Office, Kiawah Island Security or race personnel.