Kiawah Marathon Registration
2020 Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon and Half Marathon Canceled
It is with a heavy heart that we announce the cancellation of the 2020 Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon and Half Marathon. After communicating with officials, we feel that this is the best and only option. The well-being of our runners, volunteers, spectators, medical personnel, and race staff has always been our number one priority.
As a result of this decision, we have updated our cancellation policy. Further details and instructions on how to either defer to 2021 or request a refund has been emailed to all registered participants and can also be viewed here. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at Kiawah_Marathon@kiawahresort.com.
Confirm your Race Registration
Once 2021 registration opens, click here to confirm your Half Marathon or Full Marathon registration.
Changing races: Once registered, based on availability, you have the option to change from one race to another. Changes can be made until 6am race morning. Once your bib is picked-up, changes cannot be made.
Race changes can be done directly through your Runsignup account, click “Profile”, then “Manage Registration” located under “Upcoming Events” under our “Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon” event name. At the very top of the next page, select “Transfer Event,” then select “start transfer” to complete the race distance change.
Our race staff understands that injuries, family emergencies, last-minute business plans, and life, in general, can keep you from participating in our event after you’ve registered. Though we do not offer refunds, we do offer the option of “deferment” (running the following year’s race instead.). Please see below for the simple steps on how to complete this process.
Deferring 2020 to 2021
- All registered runners can defer to our 2021 Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon and/or Half Marathon, which will be held on Saturday, December 11, 2021.
- To defer, select the Defer my registration to 2021 option. Please note:this does not automatically register you for the 2021 race, there is further action required on your part when the 2021 race registration opens.
- Once 2021 registration is open, deferred participants will be emailed a link so that they may register for the 2021 race, update personal information and sign the 2021 waiver.
- There will be no additional costs for registration at that time.
2019 Deferred Runners Registering for 2021
- Athletes who deferred their 2019 entry to 2020 will be able to use their deferred entry for 2021. No refunds will be given.
- Runners who have not used their reserved deferral link for the 2020 race, will be sent a new link to re-register for 2021 later this year.
- Runners who have already used their reserved deferral link for the 2020 race will be deferred to 2021 at no additional cost and will be sent a new link to register for the 2021 race.
High Performance Corral
The High Performance Corral is comprised of the fastest runners based on previous marathon and/or half marathon finishing times and allows those runners to lead the crowd. Our qualifying times for the 2021 Marathon are based off of our 2019 Marathon. To be considered, simply fill out the questions regarding the HPC when you register. Important: You will need to submit your estimated finish time and TWO links to previous races. Submissions missing links will not be considered. For 2021 qualifying times, please click here.
In accordance with USA Track and Field official rules and regulations (USATF Rule 165.16), the Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon’s overall winners are determined by gun time. Consequently, if your goal is an overall award, we encourage you to apply for the High Performance Corral. Please note, all age group division awards will be awarded by chip time.
How to Add Times After Registration:
- Log into your RunSignUp.com account
- Select Manage Registration located on your Kiawah Marathon “upcoming event.”
- Click “My Registration” at the top of the page.
- In the “Questions” box, please submit your expected finish time and 2 links to results from previous races showing your time.
- Click “Update Responses” to submit your response
- To be considered for the High Performance Corral, information must be submitted by noon on Sunday, November 1st.