Kiawah Marathon Registration
Confirm your Race Registration
Click here to confirm your Half Marathon or Full Marathon registration.
Once registered, based on availability, you have the option to change from one race to another. Changes can be made until 6am race morning. Once your bib is picked-up, changes cannot be made.
Race changes can be done directly through your Runsignup account, click “Manage Registration” under our “Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon” event name. At the very top of the next page, select “Transfer Event,” then select “start transfer” to complete the race distance change.
Changing races rate (*includes processing fee).
Half Marathon to Full Marathon: ~$45
Full Marathon to Half Marathon: ~ $35
Our race staff understands that injuries, family emergencies, last-minute business plans, and life, in general, can keep you from participating in our event after you’ve registered. Though we do not offer refunds, we do offer the option of “deferment” (running the following year’s race instead.). It is important to note; deferments are only valid for one calendar and deferred runners are not eligible to pick up their race shirt or bib. Please see below for the simple steps on how to complete this process.
Deferring 2021 to 2022
- Registered runners can defer to our 2022 Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon and/or Half Marathon, which will be held on Saturday, December 10, 2022.
- The deadline to defer is 11:59pm on December 10th.
- Once deferred, you are NOT automatically register for the 2022 race, there is further action required on your part when the 2022 race registration opens.
- Once 2022 registration is open, deferred participants will be emailed a Reserved Entry link. This link will allow them to register for the 2022 race, update personal information and sign the 2022 waiver.
- There will be a $45 administration cost upon registering for 2022.
- To defer your race registration:
- Go to RunSignup.com, and log into your profile.
- Once you are logged in, click the gray circle with a person in the top right hand corner of your screen. This will navigate you to your profile page.
- Select “Manage Registration” under your Kiawah Island Marathon upcoming event.
- At the top of the next page, select “Defer Registration”.
- Lastly, click “Confirm Deferral”.
2020 Deferred Runners – Registering for 2021
- All 2020 deferred runners will be sent a Reserved Entry link in January of 2021.
- The Reserved Entry link will allow runners to register for the 2021 race, update personal information and sign the 2021 waiver.
- There will be no additional fee at this time. Due to Covid-19, we have waived the $45 admin fee for this one year.
- Runners will have until July 31 to use the Reserved Entry link to register for 2021.
- 2019 deferred runners will also be sent a Reserved Entry link to register for 2021, regardless of if you had used your Reserved Entry link to register for the 2020 Marathon before the cancellation had been announced.
High Performance Corral
The High Performance Corral is comprised of the fastest runners based on previous marathon and/or half marathon finishing times and allows those runners to lead the crowd. Our qualifying times for the 2021 Marathon are based on our 2019 Marathon. To be considered, simply fill out the questions regarding the HPC when you register. Important: You will need to submit your estimated finish time and TWO links to previous races. Submissions missing links will not be considered. For 2021 qualifying times, please click here.
In accordance with USA Track and Field official rules and regulations (USATF Rule 165.16), the Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon’s overall winners are determined by gun time. Consequently, if your goal is an overall award, we encourage you to apply for the High Performance Corral. Please note, all age group division awards will be awarded by chip time.
How to Add Times After Registration:
- Log into your RunSignUp.com account
- Select Manage Registration located on your Kiawah Marathon “upcoming event.”
- Click “My Registration” at the top of the page.
- In the “Questions” box, please submit your expected finish time and 2 links to results from previous races showing your time.
- Click “Update Responses” to submit your response
- To be considered for the High Performance Corral, information must be submitted by noon on Sunday, November 1st.
Be a part of the Kiawah Marathon family from anywhere in the U.S.! Register for the 2021 Virtual Kiawah Marathon or Half-Marathon to join in on the fun from where ever you are. Virtual Marathon athletes will be mailed an Official 2021 Kiawah Marathon Shirt and medal, and emailed a Printable bib to wear during their race.