Kiawah Marathon Registration
Registrations for the Kiawah Island Full and Half Marathon are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another runner. If you are no longer able to attend the race, please see the information below on how to defer your registration.
Confirm your Race Registration
Click here to confirm your Half Marathon or Full Marathon registration.
Changing Race Distance
Once registered, based on availability, you have the option to change from one race to another. Changes can be made until 6am race morning. Once your bib is picked-up, race distance changes cannot be made. Runners are not able to switch race distance mid-race. Please be aware that not running the course assigned to your bib results in disqualification.
- Race changes can be done directly through your Runsignup account
- Click Manage Registration under our “Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon” event name.
- At the very top of the next page, select Transfer Event
- Select Start Transfer to complete the race distance change.
Changing races rate (*includes processing fee).
Half Marathon to Full Marathon: ~$45
Full Marathon to Half Marathon: ~ $35
Our race staff understands that injuries, family emergencies, last-minute business plans, and life, in general, can keep you from participating in our event after you’ve registered. Though we do not offer refunds, we do offer the option of “deferment” (running the following year’s race instead.). It is important to note; deferments are only valid for one calendar and deferred runners are not eligible to pick up their race shirt or bib. Deferment is not an automatic process, and is not assumed for those runners who do not show. Please follow the steps below to defer your registration.
Deferring 2023 to 2024
- Once registered, runners can defer to our 2024 Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon and/or Half Marathon.
- The deadline to defer is 11:59pm on December 8th. No show runners are not eligible for deferment.
- Once deferred, you are NOT automatically register for the 2024 race, there is further action required on your part when the 2024 race registration opens.
- Once 2024 registration is open, deferred participants will be emailed a Reserved Entry link. This link will allow them to register for the 2024 race, update personal information and sign the 2024 waiver. Please do not register on your own. This link is usually sent out in mid January.
- There will be a $45 administration cost upon registering for 2024.
How to Defer
- Go to RunSignup.com, and log into your profile.
- Once you are logged in, click the gray circle with a person in the top right hand corner of your screen. This will navigate you to your profile page.
- Select Manage Registration under your Kiawah Island Marathon upcoming event.
- At the top of the next page, select Defer Registration.
- Lastly, click Confirm Deferral.
2022 Deferred Runners – Registering for 2023
- All 2022 deferred runners will be sent a Reserved Entry link in January of 2023.
- The Reserved Entry link will allow runners to register for the 2023 race, update personal information and sign the 2023 waiver.
- There will be $45 administration fee when you reregister.
- Runners will have until 11:59pm on July 31, 2023 to use the Reserved Entry link to register for 2023. Runners who miss the July 31st deadline will be required to register at the current registration price.
High Performance Corral
The High Performance Corral is comprised of the fastest runners based on previous marathon and/or half marathon finishing times and allows those runners to lead the crowd. Our qualifying times for the 2023 Marathon are based on our 2022 Marathon. To be considered, simply fill out the questions regarding the HPC when you register. Important: You will need to submit your estimated finish time and TWO links to previous races. Submissions missing links will not be considered.
In accordance with USA Track and Field official rules and regulations (USATF Rule 165.16), the Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon’s overall winners are determined by gun time. Consequently, if your goal is an overall award, we encourage you to apply for the High Performance Corral. Please note, all age group division awards will be awarded by chip time.
How to Add Times After Registration:
- Log into your RunSignUp.com account
- Select Manage Registration located on your Kiawah Marathon “upcoming event.”
- Click “My Registration” at the top of the page.
- In the “Questions” box, please submit your expected finish time and 2 links to results from previous races showing your time.
- Click “Update Responses” to submit your response
To be considered for the High Performance Corral, information must be submitted by noon on Sunday, November 1st.
Be a part of the Kiawah Marathon family from anywhere in the U.S.! Register for the 2023 Virtual Kiawah Marathon or Half-Marathon to join in on the fun from where ever you are. Virtual Marathon athletes will be mailed an Official 2022 Kiawah Marathon Shirt and medal. Deadline to register for the virtual race is December 1st.
We suggest using the app RaceJoy, as this is the only app that will automatically upload your time to our Virtual Marathon Results. RaceJoy will also give you mile updates as you make your run, allow you to post to social media, and share photos with us!
Runners do have the option to use whatever form of tracking works best for you. If not using the RaceJoy app, you will manually have to report your time to RunSignup. Once you manually add your time, you will be added to our Virtual Marathon Results! All times must be submitted by 11:59pm on December 9th, 2023.