Kiawah Marathon Registration
Confirm your Race Registration
Click here to confirm your Half Marathon or Full Marathon registration.
Changing races: Once registered, based on availability, you have the option to change from one race to another. Changes can be made until 6am race morning. Once your bib is picked-up, changes cannot be made.
Race changes can be done directly through your Runsignup account, click “Profile”, then “Manage Registration” located under “Upcoming Events” under our “Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon” event name. At the very top of the next page, select “Transfer Event,” then select “start transfer” to complete the race distance change.
Our race staff understands that injuries, family emergencies, last-minute business plans, and life, in general, can keep you from participating in our event after you’ve registered. Though we do not offer refunds, we do offer the option of “deferment” (running the following year’s race instead.). Please see below for the simple steps on how to complete this process.
Deferring 2020 to 2021
- Deferrals are accepted until midnight on Monday, November 30, 2020.
- To defer sign into your personal account on www.RunSignUp.com. Navigate to your profile page and select “Manage Registration” under your Kiawah Island Marathon upcoming event. At the top of the next page, select Defer Registration. Click “Confirm Deferral”.
- There is no fee at the time of changing your status. There is a $45 administrative fee (+ processing fee) charged when using your reserved entry in the following calendar year.
- Reserved entry links are emailed to eligible recipients after January 15, 2021 to complete 2021 Race Registration (Entry is not automatic).
- All runners who are eligible to defer are guaranteed a reserved entry into the succeeding race, as long as they have completed the directions sent in the reserved entry email and paid the $45 administrative fee by October 31, 2021.
- The deferments are only valid for 1 calendar year- the year following the date of original race registration
- All complimentary entries and discounted race entry fees are not eligible for deferral.
- The 2021 Kiawah Marathon will be held on Saturday, December 11th, 2021.
2019 Deferred Runners Registering for 2020
- Entry into 2020 is not automatic.
- Reserved entry codes will be emailed from RunSignUp to all eligible recipients by January 15, 2020.
- Do not register for 2020 without your reserved entry link. We are not able to offer refunds when a runner is eligible for a reserved entry, but registers on their own.
- Every runner must use their reserved entry by October 31, 2020. After that date, entry is not guaranteed and entry cost is at the current registration rate on that date.
- A $45 administrative fee (+ processing fee) will be charged when registering for the 2020 race.
- If you believe you were eligible for a reserved entry for 2020, and did not receive an email from RunSignUp, please contact the race office at Kiawah_Marathon@kiawahresort.com.
High Performance Corral
The High Performance Corral is comprised of the fastest runners based on previous marathon and/or half marathon finishing times and allows those runners to lead the crowd. Our qualifying times for the 2020 Marathon are based off of our 2019 Marathon. To be considered, simply fill out the questions regarding the HPC when you register. Important: You will need to submit your estimated finish time and TWO links to previous races. Submissions missing links will not be considered. For 2020 qualifying times, please click here.
In accordance with USA Track and Field official rules and regulations (USATF Rule 165.16), the Kiawah Island Golf Resort Marathon’s overall winners are determined by gun time. Consequently, if your goal is an overall award, we encourage you to apply for the High Performance Corral. Please note, all age group division awards will be awarded by chip time.
How to Add Times After Registration:
- Log into your RunSignUp.com account
- Select Manage Registration located on your Kiawah Marathon “upcoming event.”
- Click “My Registration” at the top of the page.
- In the “Questions” box, please submit your expected finish time and 2 links to results from previous races showing your time.
- Click “Update Responses” to submit your response
- To be considered for the High Performance Corral, information must be submitted by noon on Sunday, November 1st.