Kiawah Island Bicycle Rentals
By Phone: Advance reservations are recommended for bike rentals, please call Recreation Reservations at 843.768.6001.
Online Reservations.: Available to guests of the Kiawah Island Golf Resort and Governor’s Club Members. You will be required to enter your valid reservation number or membership number before submitting this form. Please allow 48 hours for processing online reservations. All requests are subject to availability and are only guaranteed via email confirmation.
Walk-Up Bike Rentals:
We have 2 convenient locations for walk up service, offering rentals from half-day to monthly. Hours of operation vary seasonally, so please call ahead or make an advance reservation. Everyone welcome at both of these outlets.
The West Beach Bike Shop: Located at the West Beach Pool Shop, steps from the Villa Front Desk and West Beach Conference Center.
The Sanctuary Bike Pavilion: Located in East Beach Village at The Sanctuary, 1 Sanctuary Beach Drive. You will find bike rentals under the green awning in the west–side parking lot.
We offer complimentary delivery for rentals of 2 or more days. For faster service, advance reservations are recommended.
|4-7 days||3 days||2 days||24hrs*||4hrs*|
|Adult Trike (limited supply)||$75||$60||$50||$35||$28|
*Sales tax additional on all rentals.
Advantages of renting bikes through the Kiawah Island Golf Resort:
- We encourage you to bike on our 10 miles of beach (most other bike companies don’t allow their bikes on the sand).
- We are the only on-island bike company, allowing for faster service
- Only want the bike for a short while? Half-day and one day rentals are available at The Sanctuary Bike Pavilion and West Beach Pool and Bike Shop.
- Upon request, complimentary helmets are included with your rentals. Great for the kids!
26” Bicycle Our 26” adult beach cruiser is for guests 61” and taller. The seat height is easily adjustable to accommodate varied heights. These unisex bikes are equipped with coaster-style brakes, large saddle seats and wide handlebars. The 26” bike can easily accommodate add-a-bikes and tow carts.
26” Bike with Child Carrier Our standard 26” unisex adult beach cruiser is fitted with a child carrier. Mounted over the rear wheel tire, this child carrier is a nice option for parents with children between the ages of 1 and 3 years old, with a maximum weight of 35 pounds.
24” Bicycle Our 24” beach cruiser is designed for guests 56” to 66”. The seat height is easily adjustable to accommodate varied heights. These unisex bikes are equipped with coaster-style brakes, large saddle seats and wide handlebars.
20” Bicycle Our 20” child beach cruiser is for guests 6 -12 years old. The seat height is easily adjustable to accommodate children 48” – 60” tall. These unisex bikes are equipped with coaster-style brakes. 20” child beach cruisers are also available with training wheels.
16” Bicycle Our 16” child beach cruiser is for guests 4 – 5 years old. The seat height is easily adjustable to accommodate children 38” – 48” tall. These unisex bikes are equipped with coaster-style brakes. 16” child beach cruisers are also available with training wheels.
Tow Cart Tow cart is designed to seat 1 or 2 children with a carrying capacity of 80 lbs. Children are secure inside the tow cart with shoulder harness and safety belt. The tow cart attaches to our 26” adult beach cruiser. Please note that tow carts are charged as an additional bike.
Tag-A-Long Our tag-a-long attaches to our 26” beach cruisers and allows children to join in on those extended explorations. With an adjustable seat, the tag-a-long accommodates children 4 to 10 years. Please note that tag-a-long are charged as an additional bike and are designed for guests 48″ – 60″.
Adult Tricycles If you want to explore Kiawah by bike, but desire the added stability and comfort of a three wheeler, then our adult tricycle is the right bike for you. This user friendly trike gives you an extremely low step thru for easy on and off the bike access. Tricycles are equipped with coaster-style brakes, large saddle seats, wide handlebars and a basket. Due to limited availability, please call the Recreation Reservations directly at 843.768.6001 for reservations.
Bicycle Safety and Island Rules
- Leisure trails are provided for your enjoyment and safety. Bike riding on the streets where there is a parallel bike path is not allowed. Biking on the Kiawah Island Parkway, Governors Drive and Ocean Course Drive is prohibited.
- Island guests are required to place their bikes at designated bike racks. Rental home guests are required to place their bikes out of view from the road.
- Observe all stop signs on the leisure trails and streets.
- Where there are no bike paths, please ride single file on the road.
- Helmets are not required but encouraged. Complimentary helmets are available with your rentals upon request.
- To benefit Kiawah’s wildlife, there are no lighted bike trails. For your personal safety, please do not ride after dark.
- Help protect Kiawah’s beach nesting and migrating birds by observing from a distance. Please stay at least 300 feet away from groups of shorebirds and do not bike through flocks of birds.
- Our beach is a great place to bike. Please walk bikes over the boardwalks to and from the beach.
- All lakes and ponds have alligators in them. Do not wade, swim or dangle feet in any pond or lake. Stay at least 60’ (4 car lengths) away from alligators.
- Our bikes are not licensed to be ridden on Seabrook Island or Johns Island.
Bike Riding on Kiawah
Kiawah Island is renowned for its natural beauty and abundant wildlife. Endless experiences that will allow you the opportunity to view all of this are waiting for you and your family across Kiawah Island. There is no better way to reach them than on a bicycle. Ride along 30 miles of paved leisure trails and 10 miles of hard packed beach. Discover numerous secret spots for solitude and wildlife viewing accessible only by bike!