Kiawah Island Bicycle Rentals
Make your bike reservations now and experience Kiawah by bike or call Recreation Reservations at (843) 768-6001 or extension 86001.
|4-7 days||3 days||2 days||24hrs*||4hrs*|
|Adult Trike (limited supply)||$58||$50||$42||$24||$15|
*Reservations are not accepted for a duration less than two days, and delivery is not available. Please visit one of our walk-up locations.
All requests are subject to availability and are only guaranteed via email confirmation. Sales tax additional on all rentals.
Advantages of renting bikes through the Kiawah Island Golf Resort:
- We encourage you to bike our 10 miles of beach (most other bike companies don’t allow their bikes on the beach)
- The only on-island bike company, allowing for faster service
- Half day and daily rentals available at our 2 convenient walk up locations (Nature Center at Night Heron Park and The Sanctuary)
- Complimentary helmets are included with your rentals upon request
Kiawah Island is renowned for its natural beauty and abundant wildlife. Endless experiences that will allow you the opportunity to view all of this are waiting for you and your family across Kiawah Island. There is no better way to reach them than on a bicycle. Ride along 30 miles of paved leisure trails and 10 miles of hard packed beach. Discover numerous secret spots for solitude and wildlife viewing accessible only by bike! We offer beach cruisers for family members of all ages. Child seats, tow carts, training wheels, add-a-bikes and helmets are also available. Bicycles are available at the Nature Center in Night Heron Park and The Sanctuary Bike Pavilion. Availability and hours of operation vary seasonally at these locations, so please call ahead. Enjoy the convenience of allowing our staff to deliver your bikes directly to your villa or home. Complimentary delivery and pick-up service is available for rentals of two or more days. Basket rentals are available for daily and weekly rentals.
26” Bicycle Our 26” adult beach cruiser is for guests 61” and taller. The seat height is easily adjustable to accommodate varied heights. These unisex bikes are equipped with coaster-style brakes, large saddle seats and wide handlebars. The 26” bike can easily accommodate add-a-bikes and tow carts.
26” Bike with Child Carrier Our standard 26” unisex adult beach cruiser is fitted with a child carrier. Mounted over the rear wheel tire, this child carrier is a nice option for parents with children between the ages of 1 and 3 years old, with a maximum weight of 35 pounds.
24” Bicycle Our 24” beach cruiser is designed for guests 56” to 66”. The seat height is easily adjustable to accommodate varied heights. These unisex bikes are equipped with coaster-style brakes, large saddle seats and wide handlebars.
20” Bicycle Our 20” child beach cruiser is for guests 6 -12 years old. The seat height is easily adjustable to accommodate children 48” – 60” tall. These unisex bikes are equipped with coaster-style brakes. 20” child beach cruisers are also available with training wheels.
16” Bicycle Our 16” child beach cruiser is for guests 4 – 5 years old. The seat height is easily adjustable to accommodate children 38” – 48” tall. These unisex bikes are equipped with coaster-style brakes. 16” child beach cruisers are also available with training wheels.
Tow Cart Tow cart is designed to seat 1 or 2 children with a carrying capacity of 80 lbs. Children are secure inside the tow cart with shoulder harness and safety belt. The tow cart attaches to our 26” adult beach cruiser. Please note that tow carts are charged as an additional bike.
Tag-A-Long Our tag-a-long attaches to our 26” beach cruisers and allows children to join in on those extended explorations. With an adjustable seat, the tag-a-long accommodates children 4 to 10 years. Please note that tag-a-long are charged as an additional bike and are designed for guests 48″ – 60″.
Adult Tricycles If you want to explore Kiawah by bike, but desire the added stability and comfort of a three wheeler, then our adult tricycle is the right bike for you. This user friendly trike gives you an extremely low step thru for easy on and off the bike access. Tricycles are equipped with coaster-style brakes, large saddle seats, wide handlebars and a basket. Due to limited availability, please call the Recreation Reservations directly at (843) 768-6001 for reservations.
- Leisure trails are provided for your enjoyment and safety. Bike riding on the streets where there is a parallel bike path is not allowed. Biking on the Kiawah Island Parkway, Governors Drive and Ocean Course Drive is prohibited.
- Observe all stop signs on the leisure trails and streets.
- Where there are no bike paths, please ride single file on the road.
- Complimentary helmets are available with your rentals upon request.
- To benefit Kiawah’s wildlife, there are no lighted bike trails. For your personal safety, please do not ride after dark.
- Help protect Kiawah’s beach nesting and migrating birds by observing from a distance. Please stay at least 300 feet away from groups of shorebirds and do not bike through flocks of birds.
- Our beach is a great place to bike. Please walk bikes over the boardwalks to and from the beach.
- All lakes and ponds have alligators in them. Do not wade, swim or dangle feet in any pond or lake. Stay at least 60’ (4 car lengths) away from alligators.
- Our bikes are not licensed to be ridden on Seabrook Island or Johns Island.