Kiawah Island Golf Resort Operations Update Effective March 31, 2021
The Town of Kiawah has issued an ordinance requiring face coverings to be worn in all indoor public areas. Exceptions to this rule will be for young children and when actively eating or drinking.
Modified Housekeeping Services
Daily housekeeping and turndown service remain suspended at this time. We are happy to deliver fresh towels and bath amenities to your room upon request at any time during your stay.
The Sanctuary Guest Beach and Pool Services
Chair and umbrella service will be available with seating restrictions at both the outdoor pool and Sanctuary beach access.
The Sanctuary pools and fitness center are reserved for hotel guests only, and will operate with restricted use. Villa and Home guests are encouraged to reserve their beach services via the link listed in the Recreation section below.
Retail Shops at The Sanctuary
All retail stores within The Sanctuary are open.
The Sanctuary Dining
All hotel and Resort dining outlets are open and welcoming guests. Please see our Dining section for details regarding modified service, including hours and menus.
The Sanctuary is pleased to offer In Room Dining to all hotel guests.
- All five courses are open for play. Snack Shops open at 7:30am daily, and beverage cart service begins at 9am.
- Golf Pro Shops are open for indoor service, including check-in.
- The Tommy Cuthbert Golf Learning Center Professional Staff is providing golf lessons. Please call the Learning Center at 843.266.4030 for more information (Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM).
We are accepting reservations for bike rentals and beach services, and are offering a selection of Recreation and Nature activities. View our Calendar of Events for a complete listing of the daily activities.
- Bike Rentals — The Sanctuary bike pavilion is currently open for walk-up rentals from 8:30am – 3pm daily. Walk-up rentals are available in ½ day (4hrs) increments and up.
Advance bicycle rental reservations can be made here. Please note: Online bike reservations are currently only available to guests of Kiawah Island Golf Resort and Governor’s Club members. You will be required to enter your valid reservation number or membership number before completing your online reservation.
If you are a not a resort guest or Governor’s Club member and would like to reserve a bicycle, please call (843) 768-6001.
- Beach Chair & Umbrella Service — By Reservation Only. Reserve Here. Guests of The Sanctuary receive complimentary beach services and do not need to reserve in advance.
- Turtles’ Nest Art Studio – Open Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 2 PM. Call 843.768.6001 to reserve a time slot. For open studio hours, art classes and family craft schedule, visit our Calendar of Events.
- Youth Programs – For a complete list of daily activities, visit our Calendar of Events.
- The Nature Center is open for retail shopping and viewing of animal exhibits, with restricted occupancy. Visit our Calendar of Events for the daily hours of operation.
- Our Recreation team can be reached at 843.768.6001 between 8:30 AM – 3 PM.
Kiawah Island Golf Resort pools have opened for the 2021 season. Due to Covid-19, daily reservations will be required for pool usage at Night Heron Park, and may be made beginning at 8:30am one day prior.
West Beach pools will open for the season on March 27.
Visit the pool section of our website for a complete listing of swim sessions and information on how to make a reservation. Pool access is exclusive to guests of Kiawah Island Golf Resort and Governor’s Club members.
The Spa at The Sanctuary
The salon is open for manicures, pedicures, and hair services. Call 843.768.6299 to book your appointment.
Please note that the following spa facilities – showers, steam room, sauna, and mineral whirlpool – are currently closed.
The Spa is now offering a modified menu of its most pampering massages and facials, which can be viewed here.
Due to the intimate nature of spa and cosmetology services, masks must be worn by staff and guests at appropriate times during the spa visit.
The Roy Barth Tennis Center
The Roy Barth Tennis Center is open and offering modified lessons and clinics for adults and junior players. Private lessons and court rentals are available. Please call the Pro Shop front desk at 843.768.2838.
The Tennis Pro Shop is open.
View our Daily Clinic Schedule here.
Kiawah Island Golf Resort Dining Collection
We are pleased to offer indoor and outdoor dining at our resort restaurants with modified services. Please visit our dining section for current menus, hours and contact information for each restaurant.
A select number of our dining outlets are offering to-go service. To place a to-go order, guests must call the restaurant directly. Unopened beer and wine is available for purchase as an extension of our to-go service. Valid ID required. All to-go menus will have a 15% service fee included.
We have implemented guest temperature checks at all restaurants throughout the resort, using a contact-less thermometer.
Commitment to Cleanliness
Kiawah Island Golf Resort has partnered with the professionals at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) as an advisory council to guide our actions to ensure the well-being of our guests and employees. Our commitment includes increasing and monitoring already stringent policies regarding overall cleanliness, frequency of cleaning, and food safety throughout the Resort.
In addition, we are adhering to the protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC), and the South Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Association (SCLRA). Click here to read the specific steps Kiawah Island Golf Resort is taking.