Entry fee includes:
Short sleeve race shirt, swimmer’s cap, finisher’s medal, course support, food and entertainment at the finish line party.
A limited number of entries are available for the Kiawah Island Golf Resort Triathlon. If spaces are still available, we will allow race registration through race day. As we approach capacity of our race, we will notify via Facebook that registration will close in 48 hours.
Kiawah Island Golf Resort Triathlon is a sanctioned event through USA Triathlon Association. The option to purchase a one-day membership ($15) is available when registering for the race. All current USAT members are required to provide their USAT membership number during the registration process. If you forget your membership card, you will be required to purchase the one-day membership. No refunds will be given.
Rules: All participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by USAT and Kiawah Island Golf Resort Triathlon rules and regulations.
Athletes registering as individuals must be at least 17 years old by December 31st. Relay participants must be at least 16 years old by December 31st.
Our race staff understands that injuries, family emergencies, last-minute business plans, and life in general, can keep you from participating in our event after you’ve registered. Though we do not offer refunds, we do offer the option of “deferment” (running the following year’s race instead). It is important to note – deferments are only valid for one calendar year, and deferred runners are not eligible to pick up their race shirt or bib. Please see below for the simple steps on how to complete this process.
2023 Deferred Athletes
- In January of 2024, all 2023 Deferred Athletes will be sent a link to register for the 2024 event.
- All 2023 deferrals links must be used by 11:59pm on July 31st, 2024.
- Deferral registration links will expire on August 1st, 2024. Failure to register before this date will result in being required to register again at full price.
- When using the deferral link, there will be a $50 administration fee.
- Deferrals are only valid for one calendar year. 2023 deferred athletes must register for our 2024 race.
- Deferrals from before 2023 are no longer valid.
- A confirmation email will be sent to verify your 2024 registration once completed. Your race entry is not valid until you receive this email.
Deferring 2024 to 2025
Registered participants can defer to our 2025 Kiawah Island Golf Resort Triathlon, which will be held on Sunday, October 5th, 2025. The deadline to defer is 11:59pm on October 4, 2024. Once deferred, you are NOT automatically registered for the 2025 race, there is further action required on your part when the 2025 race registration opens. There will be a $50 administration cost upon registering for 2025.
Once 2025 registration is open, deferred participants will be emailed a Reserved Entry link. It is important to hold off registering until you receive the link. Registering without your reserved entry link will result in being charged full price and we are unable to refund you. Please check junk/spam folders if you do not receive it in your inbox.
- Go to RunSignup.com, and log into your profile.
- Once you are logged in, click the gray circle with a person in the top right hand corner of your screen. This will navigate you to your profile page.
- Select “Manage Registration” under your Kiawah Island Triathlon upcoming event.
- At the top of the next page, select “Defer Registration”.
- Lastly, click “Confirm Deferral”.