About Kiawah Island
Kiawah Island is a ten mile island located just 21 miles from historic Charleston, SC. At Kiawah Island Golf Resort you’ll find five championship golf courses, including The Ocean Course host of the 2012 PGA Championship, two award-winning tennis complexes, a dozen dining options spread throughout the island, miles of paved nature trails plus recreational activities for everyone in your family.
Choose from the widest selection of villa and home rentals, plus Exclusive Guest Benefits including access to our multi-million dollar pool complexes.
Our Event Calendar provides a list of activities and events that are available any day during your stay.
Visit our Dining Page for dining options and to schedule available dinner reservations online.
- Distances from Area Airports (Airport Codes)Distance
- Charleston, SC (CHS-Charleston International)33 Miles
- Johns Island, SC (JZI-Charleston Executive)15 Miles
- Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH-Hilton Head Island)110 Miles
- Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah International)115 Miles
- Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR-Myrtle Beach International)118 Miles
- Columbia, SC (CAE-Columbia Metropolitan)132 Miles
- Florence, SC (FLO-Florence Regional)159 Miles
- Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte Douglas International)230 Miles
- Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville Spartanburg)235 Miles
Getting to Kiawah from Charleston International Airport
- Start driving West on International Boulevard toward Air Cargo Lane
- Merge onto I-526 W towards Savannah
- Turn right onto Savannah Hwy/US-17S
- Turn left onto Main Road – towards Kiawah and Seabrook Islands
- Main Road becomes Bohicket Road
- Bohicket Road becomes Betsy Kerrison Parkway
- Enter next roundabout and take the 3rd exit onto Kiawah Island Parkway