Discovering Charleston: Nightlife & Entertainment
When the sun goes down, see Charleston in a new light
Amidst the plantations, the gardens and the museums, there is a musical side of Charleston that can only be discovered at night. Music lovers have the ultimate advantage as they set out to explore the different venues available in downtown Charleston.
Be swept away by the charismatic sound of the saxophone at Diana’s. For those who enjoy a toe-tapping good time with southern-style dancing, check out JB Pivot’s Shag Club. Although known for its historical attraction, Charleston does know how to cater to the younger generation. The Music Farm, as Charleston’s premier live music venue, welcomes local, regional and national talents.
Charleston Dance Companies & Theatres
Spend the evening at the Charleston Ballet Theatre or other local dance companies, and soak up a culturally rich experience during your South Carolina vacation.
- Charleston Ballet Theatre
- Djole African Dance and Drum Company – North Charleston
- Palmetto Oasis Middle Eastern Dance Troupe
- Robert Ivey Ballet
Charleston Theatres, Theatre Groups
Delight yourself in side-splitting humor with the Have Nots! comedy improv group and other musical and theatrical events found in Charleston.
- Actors’ Theatre of South Carolina – Folly Beach
- Charleston Stage Company – Dock Street Theatre
- The Company Company
- Footlight Players
- The Have Nots! – comedy improv
- Midtown Productions
- Pure Theatre
- South of Broadway Theatre Company – North Charleston
- The Village Playhouse – Mount Pleasant
Charleston Orchestras & Concert Bands
Charleston is home to a spectacular variety of orchestra and concert band venues. Find yourself in a wonderful southern musical oasis.