Discovering Charleston: Maps & Directions
Get directions and find your way to a southern adventure
Charleston, the largest city in South Carolina, is located south of South Carolina’s coast line, at the junction of the Ashley and Cooper Rivers.
Charleston is accessible by car with I-26 and connects with the following highways from the north
US Highway 17 is a coastal north-south route that runs through Charleston and connects with I-95 from the south.
Getting to Charleston from the Charleston International Airport
- Head west on International Blvd
- Turn left on W. Montague Ave
- Take I-26 E ramp, continue towards I-26E and merge onto I-26E
- Take exit 221A for US-17 S toward Savannah
- Keep left, follow signs for King St.
- Turn left at Sheppard St
- Turn right at King St / US-78