Things to do in Charleston, South Carolina
Explore our Charleston Vacation Guide & Travel Tips
No stay at the Kiawah Island Golf Resort would be complete without a trip to beautiful and historic Charleston, South Carolina. Just 21 miles (45 minutes) away, Charleston offers something for everyone. Historically and culturally rich, Charleston offers a bundle of excitement everywhere you go. From the nationally recognized Spoleto Festival to touring the streets by carriage ride, take the time to discover Charleston’s hidden treasures. The past has never looked more beautiful. Take advantage of our Charleston vacations and travel tips to start planning your historical getaway.
Charleston, the historical nest of South Carolina
Find an incredible collection of exhibited objects at the Charleston Museum. The shops in the City Market will keep you interested with their featured local merchants displaying jewelery, paintings and local food and the South Carolina Aquarium will give you a fascinating outlook on sea life. Rest for the night in one of Charleston’s Historic Hotels and find accommodations only steps away from even more sights to see!
Recent Awards for Charleston, South Carolina
- 50 Most Beautiful Cities in the World (2016) ~ Conde Nast Traveler
- 7 Most Photogenic Cities in the US (2016) ~CBS San Francisco
- Best Mid-Sized American Cities for Millennials (2016) ~Gogobot
- The Top 21 Destinations for 2016 (2016) ~ Robb Report
- No. 1 Small U.S. City (2015) ~ Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards
- Kiawah Island, No. 8 Best Island in the US (2015) ~ Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards
- No. 1 Most Romantic City in the World (2015) ~ Conde Nast Traveler
- The Most Coloful Cities in the World (2015) ~ Conde Nast Traveler
- No. 3 Friendliest City in the United States (2015) ~ Conde Nast Traveler
- No. 9 Most Romantic City in the South (2015) ~ Huffington Post