America’s Best Resort – Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Yes, it’s a lofty statement to make, but a cluster of recent awards give Kiawah Island Golf Resort a legitimate claim to the title of America’s best resort. The latest saw The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, the Resort’s luxury hotel and spa, achieve the coveted AAA Five Diamond rating – only two years after it opened its oceanfront doors.
Some Recent Awards
- Five Diamond Award – American Automobile Association – The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort (2015)
- Five Star Award – Forbes Travel Guide – The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort (2015)
- Best Beach Resort in the World (#3) – Travel + Leisure (2015)
- One of only Five Forbes 4-star/AAA 4-diamond steakhouse in the U.S. (Ocean Room) (2015)
- No. 1 island in North America and No.2 island in the world – Conde Nast Traveler (2014)
- No. 5 island in North America – Travel + Leisure (2014)
- Top Family Hotel in the U.S. (#3) – Travel + Leisure Magazine (2014)
- Top Spas in the U.S. (#18) – Conde Nast Traveler (2014)
- Platinum Resort – Golf Magazine (2014)
- Top U.S. Resort (#17) – Conde Nast Traveler (2014)
A Little Background
“So what?”, you might be thinking. After all, resorts and hotels frequently trumpet their own horn with ratings and rankings.
Well, look closely and you’ll see that aside from the awards consistently rating Kiawah among the nation’s finest, they are also diverse.
It’s no secret that most resorts specialize in one facet of business. And while Kiawah’s full resort name indicates its forte is golf, recent awards show recognition for much, much more (i.e., accommodations, tennis, spa, family travel). There’s also the intangible: by definition, most resorts are far removed from major vacation destinations. And while Kiawah is secluded (on a 10-mile-long barrier island), it is not excluded. Historic Charleston, perennially ranked as one of America’s favorite places to visit, is only 30 minutes away.
When the Resort built The Sanctuary in 2004, it did so with the goal of creating a hotel that would help elevate a well-respected and naturally beautiful resort into the best in the country.
So, we ask you: does Kiawah possess America’s finest resort? As a journalist, we’re sure you’ll have at least an inkling to find out for yourself. Maybe you’ve visited Kiawah before and need affirmation? After all, much has changed in the past two years, and the Resort will continue to evolve. Whether you’re interested in visiting, including Kiawah in a round-up story or simply wish to gather more information, the media contact is below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Press materials can be accessed at the Resort’s media room or mailed to you.